 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 10689
Re: a thought about brickbay update postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:04:33 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Chris Barker writes:
Many of us who sell on brickbay post in this group when we
update our shops.

I, someone who buys a *lot* from brickbay, find brickbay and ebay postings here
mostly unhelpful (I'm being diplomatic). Both of those sites have search
engines that give me access to a lot more pieces than the individual sale
postings, and those sale postings make finding articles that are unique to this
forum more time-consuming. It's a tragedy of the commons type of problem. It's
not so bad when a few post here, and it's probably beneficial for those who do,
but what if everyone did it? I already find it more tedious than it's worth to
read many online forums, including rec.toys.lego, unless I killfile everyone
who posts ebay sales.

Occaisionally someone will post a discount for lugnet readers. Although I've
never remembered to take advantage of these, I find them more useful than the
others.

It'd be helpful to me if the buy-sell-trade posts didn't appear in the
top-level market group.

Amy