 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 10702
Re: a thought about brickbay update postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:40:31 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mike Stanley writes:
It sounds like you want Brickbay and eBay postings to be relegated to
something OTHER than the market structure

lugnet.buy-sell-trade
lugnet.buy-sell-trade.ebay
lugnet.buy-sell-trade.brickbay
lugnet.buy-sell-trade.lugnet

Sale/Trade posts having nothing to do with third-party sites would go in
lugnet.buy-sell-trade.lugnet, so if that's all you want to see you read that
group. Otherwise, you read lugnet.buy-sell-trade, and get all the sale ads. And
the discussion groups in the market hierarchy would then contain nothing but
discussion. And the sale posts from the undisciplined :-)

you or I don't have to read them, and skimming through headers
either via the web interface (which I use) or a news reader is
pretty easy.

Easy only as long as there are a manageable number of them. And not seeing them
at all is even easier.

I started this discussion saying *I* don't find the ebay/brickbay posts useful.
I'm not insisting they be removed, or that it's wrong for you to post them. I
don't make the rules here. Unfortunately :-)

Amy