 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 10700
Re: a thought about brickbay update postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:43:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Amy Hughes writes:

It'd be helpful to me if the buy-sell-trade posts didn't appear in the
top-level market group.

Since there *is no* top level market group (in the "newsgroup sense") but it
is just a virtual group that is an agglomeration of the lower level groups
in the market hierarchy... all you need to do is set your skip filter
settings to skip those groups, I believe.

I think that's a much better solution than suggesting changes that not
everyone supports. (I don't, for example, but then I am a bit more pro
market forces than some)

I could be wrong but I believe skip filter settings work everywhere that
uses the codebase that shows brief postheadings, not just from the main page.

For example, I currently have my skipfilter set to skip posts in the loc
hierarchy unless they are from us.*, au.*, ca.* or uk.* since I can't read
other languages well. And... I never actually see them.

Hope that helps.

FUT admin.nntp so Todd can tell me I stated it wrong if I did.

++Lar