 Marketplace / Auctions / 4259
    Yet another CLUELESS about MIB —Tom Stangl
   (URL) yet the stickers are applied, and it is missing a piece. Oh yeah, that's MIB... -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) you fool, he has 281 positive feedbacks, of course it's mint in box! Anyone with that many feedbacks knows everything there is to know about auctioning, right? (sarcasm warning for the humor impaired) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB —Kevin Wilson
     (...) Well, the description says: "this car is 3 inches long and still has the loose stickers to put on it." which to me says the stickers are still on the sheet, not applied. Of course you are still right about it not being MIB, what with the (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB —Mike Poindexter
   I don't know about your interpretation, but I always thought the M in MIB was Mint. Mint is a condition, not a level of completeness. The IB is for In Box, which is not the same as MISB, a Sealed Box, which implies completeness. This is an (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB —Steve Bliss
   (...) 'Mint', in a perfect world, means *perfect*. In a slightly more realistic world, it means 'in the same condition as it left the factory'. 'Mint' is a heavily misused and abused term. (In the eBay world, 'Mint' means 'I really want to sell this (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB —Mike Poindexter
    Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:gbaZOHyTkFg2Xct...4ax.com... (...) a (...) Consulting Websters Dictionary, mint is defined as: adj. not marred or soiled, as if new. That once again defines a level of condition, not (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB —Lance Scott
     massive editing for space I believe time has come to stop arguing about dictionary definitions. More often than not what a word actually means in context is different from the definition. In the context of a collectable "whatever" environment, in (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB —Lance Scott
     massive editing for space I believe time has come to stop arguing about dictionary definitions. More often than not what a word actually means in context is different from the definition. In the context of a collectable "whatever" environment, in (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB —Doug Finney
     In lugnet.market.auction, Mike Poindexter writes: Ignoring the nitpicking (polybags and 50's/60's sets)... (...) No, I think the disagreement is more about what is in mint condition, not what mint is. The title of the auction in question was "LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

      Doug Finney <dfinney@wt.net> wrote in message news:FpDEwp.GBz@lugnet.com... (...) [snip] (...) Highly agreed! Although it is easy to pick a person apart on listings, let's save our energy attacking and slandering the people who list sets currently (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

         Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB —Larry Pieniazek
     I'd agree with this wrap up... many eBay sellers are grossly misrepresenting stuff. They're so far off the mark that it doesn't really matter which of us is right exactly about what MIB means, it's not even close to what they say. HOWEVER, I as you (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

         (canceled) —Tom Stangl

         Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB —Tom Stangl
      (...) No, those are pretty much how I would list things. -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

         Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB —Steve Bliss
     (...) Nope, no issues with your labels. But that's at least partly because I know you, and I trust your judge when you say something is worthy to be described as Mint (with any appropriate modifiers). One more point: when dealing with toys, (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB —Steve Bliss
   (...) When a set is bought from a store, there is a strong expectation that the set is complete. Completeness is part of the 'as if new' condition. I realize there are a certain percentage of sets which leave the factory with missing, wrong, or (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB —Larry Pieniazek
   I had some offline discussion with Mike P. about this and I think my opinion on this small controversy hasn't been stated clearly. I am going to go out on a limb and say that there are a lot of eBay sellers who misuse descriptions and in general do (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)