 Marketplace / Auctions / 4322
Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 19:03:58 GMT

I had some offline discussion with Mike P. about this and I think my
opinion on this small controversy hasn't been stated clearly.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that there are a lot of eBay
sellers who misuse descriptions and in general do a terrible job of
listing their items. Not all, mind you. Listings run the gamut.

But, when sampling from the eBay universe, people like me who are
essentially perfect in their listings ( :-) ) are few and far between.
The original listing that set this thread off, in my far from humble
opinion, is actually better than a lot of listings. Maybe even most.

Dictionary definitions of MINT aside, this seller at least has given a
description that is fairly accurate, unlike a lot of very misleading
sellers. Yes, you had to read the listing to determine that, the
headline isn't quite right, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for
people who can't be bothered to read listings.

Perhaps we should be trying to educate him in a friendly way on what MIB
means (because I do think that he misused MIB) while complimenting him
on his listing, which is better than many, instead of flaming him? Now,
chances are, he's not reading this thread, but you get my point, no
doubt.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!