 Marketplace / Auctions / 4307
Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 20:14:49 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Mike Poindexter writes:

Ignoring the nitpicking (polybags and 50's/60's sets)...

I think that we are running into a disagreement over what mint is.

No, I think the disagreement is more about what is in mint
condition, not what mint is. The title of the auction in question
was "LEGO CAR (M.I.B.)" To me, that implies the the *car* is in
mint condition, not just however many of the consituent pieces
happen to be there.

A more appropriate coin analogy would be a proof set. If you bought a
1997 proof set, removed a quarter to make a phone call and listed the
remainder for sale would you list it as a "mint 1997 proof set?" The
individual remaining coins may still be mint but the set itself is
obviously not.

At least this seller gave a (presumably) honest description of the
set's condition once you get past the title. That's more than can
be said for a lot of sellers!

Doug