 Marketplace / Auctions / 3921
Re: Ebay auction advice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:31:46 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Heather Patey writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Dan Jezek writes:

If you're running windows 95 or higher, you can rotate the image in Paint and
cut out the part of the image you want.  Then set image attributes to be 1x1
pixels and paste the image.  When asked if you want to enlarge the bitmap,
click yes and you'll be left with a final image the same size you cut.  Not
really as hard as it might sound.

I must disagree with Dan here - Paint only works with BMP files, which don't
load in browsers.  Typical idiocy on the part of Windows, but something to be
aware of.

MS Paint does work with both jpg and gif images.  You need to have the later
version of win95 or have win98.  MS Paint is severely limited, however is
adequate for a beginner.

Regards,
Scott