 Marketplace / Auctions / 3910
Re: Ebay auction advice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:20:54 GMT

(follow-up to lugnet.market.theory?)
Alan Demlow wrote in message ...

You can also link to the item page on lugnet, but in my experience, actual
pictures of your items seem to really help.  I use a digital camera to • make it
easier, just snap, download to pc and put in listing.  Or take pictures on
film, an develop/scan or get them developed on disk or photo-cd.  This • takes
a bit longer than just linking to catalog pictures, but is worth the • effort.

Yes, I've linked to the item page on Lugnet as well, but would really like
catalog or instruction scans.  problem is, i don't have a scanner or • digital
camera myself, nor do I have any sort of photo-editing capabilities for
situations such as when Brickshelf images are rotated and have lots of
extraneous stuff on them (not just a good set picture).  So pulling • something
off the web ready-to-use is what I'm looking for, but neither Pause nor Huw • and
Grahame's BrickSet site appear to be set up to allow people to download the
images for such uses (just linking).

Alan

   I think you have the rules mixed up, at least for Pause.  You are allowed
to download the pics, and upload them to your own site, but not allowed to
link directly to the pics on Todd's server (in fact he has it set up so it
won't work).  According to Lego Fair Play, you can do this with anyone's
scans (they don't own them, TLC does) of boxes, instructions, etc that are
on the net.  Taking other people's MOCs probably does not fall into the same
category, but you weren't talking about that.  Anyway, if you need some
pictures, I have a lot of them from past auctions I have done.
  Also, I usually start my auctions on Thursday night (kinda late, about 12
EST), so that people willl see them end during prime time Sunday night (10
days later) no matter which part of the US they are in.  That time slot also
works well for Japanese (you want them, trust me, they'll pay the shipping)
bidders, who seem a lot like US employees, surfing eBay on Monday morning
til the coffee kicks in.  Sunday has worked ~very~ well for me, and when I
read another reply that said don't end on Sunday, I was a little surprised.
Monday is probably the next best day to end your auctions, but Tuesday at 3
AM wasn't too bad either, so who knows.  Good luck and...

--
   Have fun!
   John