 Marketplace / Auctions / 3674
Re: States Go After Online Auctions; $1000 fines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:41:59 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.market.auction, Steve Bliss writes:
I think there are arguments against that.  eBay must just provide the service,
but they also run the auction.  The seller sets some of the parameters • (starting
bid, duration of auction, visibility), but the seller does not set bid
increments, collect bids, nor close the auction.

So I'd say it's a least a lot gray.

While I would never underestimate the grasping perfidity of a politician of
any party other than Libertarian, this may well be one of those urban legends
in the making. One which, 8 months from now, we will equate to the "Post
office is lobbying to have internet mail taxed" and the like.

I'll have to dig up the article in our paper. I'm not sure who they were
actually using for source material. The article seemed serious, and it
seemed like it was researched and not just someone rambling.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com