 Marketplace / Auctions / 3356
Re: What is the exact meaning of MIB?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:05:37 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <383AA9F9.DF7022@voyager.net>...
Scott-A wrote:

- smoke free seller

I thought about doing this. But I learned very qickly that many smokers • feel
they are getting a hard time, and get bitter when the see statmets like
that.

Scott A

I think you should reconsider, and add that. I find smoke rather
annoying. It seems to stick to the plastic for a long time. I take smoke
into account when deciding about purchases, when I can. But I usually
forget to ask.

If smokers are bitter because of you making that statement, seems like
that's their issue, not yours.

I have found that soaking "smoky" pieces in a diluted Pine-Sol solution
seems to get rid of the smell.  Doesn't take long either - maybe an hour or
so.

I use liquid dish soap, and these days end up soaking for days or weeks.
No ill effects (except for the thin thranslucent plastic sails and flags
- see my post to lugnet.general about those, or take a look at the
contents of Jambalaya Junk Box #1...). One frequent LEGO seller on eBay
is definitely not a smoke free environment. I have had noticeable
reactions to stuff from her, but after a good soaking, have noticed
nothing. Fortuanately what causes the odor is an oil, and ABS being a
relatively impervious plastic makes it fairly easy to wash off.

If you've got really bad pieces, I reccomend giving a vigorous wash, and
then rinse, and then add fresh soapy water and allow to soak.

Someone else mentioned yellowing of pieces, I don't think this is caused
by smoking, I think it is purely caused by sun exposure.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com