 Marketplace / Auctions / 2624
Re: Another ebay scammer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 01:43:00 GMT

I am really curious as to why these over-ambitious capitalists are • considered
scam artists. None of these listings openly lie about the products, true • they
don't come out and advertise their competition, but they break no laws. • These
sellers are simply trying to make easy money.  What is the difference • between
what they do and what a retail outlet does, both mark product up to make a
profit.  These ebay bidders are not tricked or coerced into making their • bids,
they believe that the product is worth the amount they are willing to • spend.
Around here KB toys typically charges about 10% above retail on all sets, • but
no one gets upset or hostile toward them, we just purchase elsewhere.

I do not mean to stir up any anger or hurt feelings in anyone, I just want • to
champion the idea of educating ignorant bidders, and not blasting
opportunistic sellers.  Perhaps an email to a bidder with the S@H phone • number
so they will not make the same mistake a second time is proper. Save your
anger for those on ebay who misrepresent or openly lie about the items they
are selling.

Just a thought.
Scott

Amen. A very nice way of saying what I have tried to say in the past.

If a seller openly lies or even misleads, I have no problem with Mike and
Larry's neutral feedback. However, do not want anyone to leave me neutral
feedback if some idiot bids WAY high on an item of mine!!!! I do realize
that these mail sets are avaiable at S@H, but do you leave neutral feedback
for a seller that gets more than $110 for an 8880? DYA may have them, but
where is the line drawn? On discontinued sets?

What if the seller of the mail sets on e-bay purchased these sets at, say
FAO Schwartz, and paid more than retail. He then posts them, not knowing
about S@H. Does he deserve the feedback????

Eric