 Marketplace / Auctions / 2611
Re: Another ebay scammer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 20:57:46 GMT

Here's a real sad thought.  Without realizing it, we have truely opened the
doors to those who want to scam people on Ebay.  There are over what 1800 items
in Ebay Lego right now?  Well it is a rareity that I read them all, so I might
miss the great listings that say an item can be bought from S@H and the number.
But I bet the scammers didn't.  So they order a boat laod of items from S@H
and then even before the items hit their doors the are posted on ebay and
shoppers who have never seen the item, or heard the Lego has a S@H bid insane
amouts to have these items.  It is truly supply and demand, and free
enterprise, but it sure rubs me the wrong way!  And the one noted below is in a
dutch auction!  Man that is a true ripoff.

In lugnet.market.auction, Kevin Wilson writes:
Here's another eBay sale of a cheap S@H item for a ridiculous price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171789659