 Marketplace / Auctions / 2607
2606  |  2608
Subject:
Another ebay scammer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:28:26 GMT

Here's another eBay sale of a cheap S@H item for a ridiculous price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171789659

Message has 5 Replies:
  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) "Credit card orders add $2 convienece charge". Good for them rip off the poor and unsuspecting. Thats the way we like it :( . When does it all end... Eric K. Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail. The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)
  Re: Another ebay scammer

Here's a real sad thought. Without realizing it, we have truely opened the doors to those who want to scam people on Ebay. There are over what 1800 items in Ebay Lego right now? Well it is a rareity that I read them all, so I might miss the great (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)
  Re: Another ebay scammer

Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:37F8E3BA.1E3595...rve.com... (...) least only one person got ripped off. Wehter or not they will realize that they did and leave negative feedback is another question though.... (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)
  Re: Another ebay scammer

I am really curious as to why these over-ambitious capitalists are considered scam artists. None of these listings openly lie about the products, true they don't come out and advertise their competition, but they break no laws. These sellers are (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)
  Re: Another ebay scammer

Pretty damn sad, especially since one person bought all 5. And I just ordered 4 of those today for a CDN RTLer for cost... (...) Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)