 Local / United States / New Jersey / Newark / 19
Re: Anyone out there?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nj.new, lugnet.loc.us.nj.tre, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:51:01 GMT

Ed Jones wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.nj.new, Christopher L. Weeks writes:

So are there ever Jersey LEGO get-togethers?

--Chris

I have attempted, in vain, the last few years to arrange a LEGO get-together.
I'm in Staten Island, an easy commute for most of NJ.

I have no place to host such an event but I might be able to assist (if
needed) with organization and would attend such an event if at all
possible.  What goes on at such an event?  When I get together with my
wine buddies we drink wine, talk about wine, and then argue about
politics.  Do we get together and build with, talk about, shop for,
trade, etc., LEGO (and argue about politics)?

How big does such a thing need to be?  Do five people get together at
someone's house, or do we try for forty and rent a VFW hall or
something?  Is it five hours on a Saturday, or does it start Friday
night and end Sunday afternoon?

I would think that within driving distance of NYC, there would be tons
of people who would wish to participate.