 Local / United States / North Carolina / Raleigh / 202
Re: I'll be visiting this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 22:06:20 GMT

Franklin W. Cain wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, Frank Filz writes:

I was thinking in general of hitting up someplace near Glenwood, however
places in Cary are also a good choice since we will be meeting at my
place afterwards. There is good Chinese and Indian near my place. There
are lots of good choices on Glenwood (Chillis, Darryls, O' Brians,
Outback to name some).

Franklin, what are you in the mood for?

Hmm....  Well, I've had Chinese today and yesterday,
so I'd prefer something else, unless everyone else
is set on Chinese.

Also, the convention is planning an Italian dinner
on Saturday evening, so ditto for Italian,
unless it's a family-run restaurant, which is often
a really *good* Italian place, then it'd be OK by me.  ;-)

In general, I like Chinese, Mexican, Italian,
seafood, and "American" (steakhouses, barbequeue,
breakfast places, variety, etc.).

I've had some good experiences with Thai/Vietnamese[?]
(peppermint chicken, IIRC, was what I like best).

I also like some Greek food (LAMB!!! snarf,
munch, munch, munch).

However, I've not yet found anything in Indian cuisine
that I liked.... Sorry.  :-(

Hmm, I'm having trouble picking places (the ones I can pick easiest are
Chinese and Indian). I think we want to stay near the hotel or near my
place (another problem is that I tend to eat out most near downtown
Raleigh). I'm inclined to suggest Darryl's on Glenwood as a decent
place, though it is a chain. The two Thai places I know are in Chapel
Hill and North Raleigh. If Cary was coming from home, the Thai place in
Chapel Hill would be doeable with take out (he could pick up peppermint
chicken, pad thai [which is my favorite], and something he likes). We
don't have any good greek places (though there is a good Middle Eastern
deli which would be handy, they don't have a non-smoking section though,
but we could do take out).

If anyone else has some good suggestions (Mike had a bunch of good
suggestions for downtown Raleigh, which is a possibility, but will make
Cary's drive even longer, I also know a good Irish pub in downtown
Raleigh).

We don't actually need to decide until Thursday afternoon so long as we
can still get in touch with Cary, and we pick something that Franklin
will like (and he's given us good guidelines).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com