 Local / United States / North Carolina / Raleigh / 193
Re: I'll be visiting this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:28:05 GMT

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

How does this sound for a plan:

Meet at say 6:00 in the hotel lobby (1)
Pick a mutually acceptable place for dinner
Trek on over to my appartment by 9:00 or so (2)(3)

(1) Would earlier or later be good for folks? If we do it later,
depending on how quickly Franklin gets settled, I'd be happy to meet
with him and show him around to the nearby LEGO meccas. In any case,
I'll pretty much plan on staying at work until dinner or going off to
pick up Franklin.

(2) I'll spend this evening cleaning it up enough that there is space
for us all (this will be a good excuse to finish unpacking from
Brickfest.

(3) Mike should give a call before coming over just in case dinner runs
longer (or we can call Mike once we get to his place). Note that unless
we go someplace which takes a long time to server, or we end up doing
some LEGO shopping after dinner, it's more likely that we will get to my
place by 8:00.

--
Frank Filz

[ ... snipped ... ]

This sounds like a workable plan for me.  I could join in at Frank's place
sometime after the group gets there although Frank has a serious amount of
work to do to make enough room for three or four people (just kidding, but
he does has an over whelming amount of stuff).

Anyone want to use this opportunity to do some trades?  I have recently
updated my list of available sets
(http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh/barter/available_sets.htm) and if
people can post in advance any particular pieces they are looking for I can
root around if see if I have any of them.

Personally I am on a quest for 2x2 white plates (which seems like a trivial
piece to run out of but I am out of them and need about a dozen more for a
project) and 2x4 yellow medium slopes.

Last night I built a couple container cars for the Kidvention/PNLTC events.
My brother-in-law was over so he has seen them and has an idea for a logo.
I'll try and post a picture of them tonight.  The containers are 4x14x4.

Mike

--

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh