Re: Gathering Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:49:41 GMT

Well, I think a good time was had by all. I didn't get the place as
clean as I had hoped, but the sofa actually got uncovered (to quickly be
covered by my bins of windows when I started trying to trade with Cary),
and I got enough space cleared around the table that things weren't too
bad (though poor James always seemed to be in the way). Of course, as
usual, I was to busy to get out the camera (until we needed pictures of
the picks from Uncle Dan's stuff that Sheree and Cary made).

Cary brought along his in progress court house. Thomas brought along his
pirate base. We ogled the Ogel sets (and the rest of the Alpha Team),
looked at the new Belville, looked at the pens, and a few other things.

We had lots of trading. Cary and Thomas both brought lots of stuff for
trading and of course we also had Uncle Dan's box.

After a long day, we sent Sheree off to scrounge food at home, and
Thomas finally decided it was going to be a late arrival at home anyway,
so we went off to get Indian food at 8:30, and sent Thomas on his way a
little after 10:00.

I think next time we need to think about ordering pizza or something (of
course it always seems at these things that folks are too bust to think
about food until the end).

We never ended up building anything or playing with the trains, but it
was definitely good to get a real good trading session going. I just
really need to get better set up to be able to trade, the problem is
that since I'm interested in all the themes, it's hard to let go of
things...

Frank