 Local / United States / Michigan / Grand Rapids / 46
Re: people i would most like to build with...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:54:44 GMT

Great!  Can I ride with you?

Steve

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999 05:00:37 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:

Do it on a saturday, and I'm there.

Scott Edward Sanburn wrote:

Sounds like a plan to me!

Scott Sanburn

Gary Istok wrote:

Scott,

Wow, I work there! (consultant for the University), but commute from Detroit's eastern
suburbs (57 miles).  There are a few other LEGO maniacs in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area,
and then there is Larry Pieniazek, who lives in Ada Michigan.   The "Great Lakes LEGO
Fest", hmmmm that has a good ring to it.  Just maybe....

Gary Istok

Scott Edward Sanburn wrote:

Gary,

        Hey, I live in Ann Arbor, and I am a "Town&Space" head too. Perhaps a
Michigan Legofest? :)

Scott Sanburn

Gary Istok wrote:

Ed Jones wrote:

In lugnet.cad, Jeff Boen writes:
as i sit here... well after 1am... tons of 1x1 round plates and 1x1 round
bricks littering the desk... minifigs holding weapons of mass destruction,
under strict orders to "wax any mutha that looks at you crosseyed"...
i think to myself...

who would i most like to sit down for a couple of hours and snap elements
together with????

Great concept.  There are so many creative poeple around.  I think what would
be interesting would be to have a group of Maniacs together trying to solve a
construction problem and then see the myriad of resolutions.

Ed, Terry (and all the rest of you folks), I too would love to have a LEGOFEST,
where we could get together and exchange ideas and concepts.  Since I'm a TOWN
head (with a smattering of Castle, and a dash of Train) I probably would be a
"fish out of water" to the Space folks.

But then I live in southeastern Michigan (a suburb of Detroit), and that too is a
long way from everywhere else.  But at some point in the future it would be nice
to get together with other AFOLs.  (And I'll even spring for some door prizes.)

Gary Istok

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.