 CAD / 1408
Re: people i would most like to build with...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 00:51:38 GMT

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 21:16:11 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com> wrote:

Terry K wrote:
We're all probably pretty far apart.  :-(
I am in Phoenix, AZ  -  not _too_ far from Sproat in Orem, UT, I guess.

Wow, I didn't know you were so close!  Barbara and I are going to Mesa Verde
in Colorado this summer or fall -- wanna meet up with some Legos?  :-,

Possibly :-)
Let me know when you finalize you times, and I might be able to take a short
trip.

Besides, if there were a legofest like that, I would probably not be much
use....  being among so much talent would render me idea-less.
But it would sure be fun.

I find that if I surround myself with talent, it gets much easier for me to,
erm, "borrow" ideas.  A kind of osmosis, I guess.  :-,

I would probably just covertly catalogue those ideas for later reverse
engineering/incorporation.
I am one of those people who tend to be bereft of ideas for long stretches of
time (like right now).  Just patiently waiting for inspiration to strike.  The
odds of inspiration striking whilst engaged with other AFOL's is exceedingly
remote.  :-/
My best ideas come from sitting on the couch, watching TV, while subconsciously
fiddling with Lego pieces.
Note exactly a party - or Lego Festive - atmosphere.  <g>

That, and it's pretty fun to have someone show off to you their pretty dang
cool creation.

So true.  That would be the fun part.  I would _love_ to see Karim's big mecha
up close and personal.  In fact, just knowing that pictures never do justice to
models, there a lot of models out there I would love to see IRL.

-- Terry K --