 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 320
319  |  321
Subject:
The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 12:33:08 GMT

Here is a link to some pictures I have taken of the initial stages of the
construction of what I plan on being a large modular layout of a Star Wars
Rebel Base.

Much of my Ideas are still fermenting in my head but I plan on this base
houseing a squadron (12) B-Wings with support crew etc.  I have tentatively
named the squadron Scythe Squadron (I think the B-Wing somewhat resembles a
Scythe).

Each module is relatively small and is on one of the 48x48 Gray Base Plates
with Technic Pin Connectors connecting most of the modules.  I am close to
completion of one module although many details have to be added and as soon as
I get another shipment of the Gray Service packs from S@H I will be working on
more.

My intent is to document this project as I go so that I will have a record of
the evolution of the project.  Seeing that I am doing that anyway I wanted to
share it will all of you.

I have also included pictures of a couple of B-Wings in different color
schemes.  There are also pictures of the Pilots and the Rebel Forest Soldier I
have created.  Finally there is a picture of a Briefing room that I hope to
incorporate into a module at some point.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/starwars/

My hope is to have 3 of these modules relatively complete in time for the
Mindfest event in order to display some of our non-Robotic projects.

If anyone is interested in building a module for this base let me know I have
started working on some standards for module connection and wall hieght but I
have not finalized anything yet.  I will however try and finalize some of this
if there is interest.

Anyway LMKWYT,

Eric

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/