 Local / United Kingdom / 9379
Re: Boxes and storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:42:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jonathan Reynolds wrote:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason Walton wrote:
I get my storage drawers from Wilkinsons, don't know if you would class them as
cheap though.

Jase

In lugnet.loc.uk, Timothy Gould wrote:
Thanks Simon,

I feared that would be the case (expensive). I've noticed that plastic stuff
here costs at least twice as much as it did in Australia (where I'm from). Its
also a lot harder to find. I have my fingers crossed that Britons will discover
the great and wonderful joys of cheap plastic storage soon and that the prices
will drop accordingly.

Tim

PS. I'll have a look at Maplin's. That's one I didn't know about. I looked at
the B&Q website but it was hard to navigate and what I could find was overpriced
and not what I'm after.

Tim
I use a mixture of clear plastic boxes and flat zag boxes, I've put a couple of
pictures up, excuse the quality.
http://www.raindropkites.co.uk/bilgepump/lego/boxes.jpg
http://www.raindropkites.co.uk/bilgepump/lego/zagbox.jpg

The Zag boxes come from B&Q and they have removeable trays inside so you can
take out the ones you want, they are also secure enough to store on end when
they are shut.
The stacked boxes can be very cheap, most of them came from cheap high street
shops like QD or Poundstretcher. I use several sizes from 5cm x 5cm x 10cm up to
10 x10 x 20 for large wheels and BURPS.
Hope this helps
John