 Local / United Kingdom / 284
Re: UK prices of Star Wars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:25:49 GMT

The NatWest will open a Euro account, but you have to have a sterling
current account as well.  They will allow you to open both at the same time
if necessary.  There are charges on foreign currency accounts, but for 1999
these will be waived for Euro accounts.  Normally, they require a minimum
account balance of E2,500 (I must get that Win upg) and there is a charge of
£5 per cheque.  They couldn't tell me if the standard charges would be
applied after the 1999 amnesty expires.  I expect that they will wait to see
what the opposition do.  In the end I opened a Euro account with my own bank
(Clydesdale) for speed, as I have a cheque in Euro's waiting to be banked.

On a related theme, does anybody have a dollar account either with a UK bank
or a UK branch of a US bank?  Presumably the latter is the best option,
removing the usual service charge for foreign bank cheques.

BTW - Your Euro symbol shows as a square on my un-updated laptop.

Cheers
[SteveScott]