 Local / United Kingdom / 268
Re: UK prices of Star Wars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:16:24 GMT

Huw Millington wrote:

BTW, does anyone have any idea of the 'scale' of SW fanaticism in the UK?

Hmm.. dunno about the scale, but walking into Forbidden Planet or the
like, I'm sure our UK fanatics are just as rabid as anyone elses :)

Will we have the same difficulty getting them on release as I imagine they
will in the US - fighting off SW fans in the aisles in TRU?

Well.. most of their firing figures have a longer range than our firing
cannons, but I think we would win based upon the following:
1) We have plentiful supplies of the Bat Lord set which comes in handy
as small cautionary
   ammunition, AND we have bar-code trucks which don't sell very well as
heavy ammunition.
2) Star Wars merchandise comes in medium sized boxes, usually with a
clear plastic front
   which wouldn't hurt as it acts as padding.
3) The flat-ish figure packs would probably hurt if thrown frisbee like
with a flick of
   the wrist.. but there are plenty of the insectiods halloween masks
left, which could
   act as both protection and a distraction as they argue about the
spelling and
   inflection of the characters name the mask resembles most.

:)
Richard

--
Remove everything in-between and including the '_'s to reply!