 Local / United Kingdom / 264
Re: UK prices of Star Wars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 19:46:01 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote in message ...
Hi,
From my calculations, as long as shipping prices are under $45.00, getting
these sets shipped from the US is cheaper.

It will be an option I will consider when they appear there, but by all
accounts they will be like rocking horse droppings over there for the first
few months, so that may not be as easy as it is with normal sets.

At least, priced as they are here, casual buyers will be put off. I can't
see little Johnny's mum shelling out for an X-Wing when she can get him a
set twice the size for the same money. They will only be bought by the likes
of you and me, plus the SW fanatics.

BTW, does anyone have any idea of the 'scale' of SW fanaticism in the UK?
Will we have the same difficulty getting them on release as I imagine they
will in the US - fighting off SW fans in the aisles in TRU?

Huw