 Local / United Kingdom / 2345
  The wife problem

Scott's amusing post prompted me to start this as a new thread; Basic deception Keep the new stuff in the boot of the car (or some other place she doesn't look, eg the garage, shed etc) until she's out - difficult if you buy stuff while out (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The wife problem

I also find that a carefully (mis)balanced barter systems works passably well. For example, when we are in a shopping mall, for every twenty mintues we spend at stores of her choosing, I get five in one of my own. The same can be applied to LEGO: (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The wife problem

Ian Bishop <ian@goodlife.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:JEjHttAuJWV4Eww...n.co.uk... (...) <stuff snipped> Excellent Ian! I think Jason knows all the tricks of the trade, but even he may learn from your post. Huw (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The wife problem

(...) Yes, I have posted sets to his father's house. Scott A (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The wife problem

The main problem for me (my wife) is the space it all takes up... especially so near Christmas. This explains why one of my filing cabinets at work is full of Lego. The money thing does not bother her quite so much, as our Lego is more or less self (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The wife problem

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Scott-A (<FMpAw2.6Gz@lugnet.com>) wrote at 22:34:58 (...) Not quite, but I picked one up from next door but two the other day, and it was someone's mother who answered the door. She said "Ah, you're the one with all the LEGO. My (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The wife problem

(...) ROFL! Now if I've *ever* seen a quote to justify lugnet.qotd, this is it! :) James (URL) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The wife problem

Absolutely brill. I've played most of these cards at one time or another. And I thought I had things pretty much under control of late. I even made vague noises about sticking to a budget, not spending more than I took in and all other sorts of rash (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The wife problem

(...) This all sound so familiar. One day all our wives will get together... than we really will be in trouble. Scott A (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The wife problem

(...) I don't want to sow seeds of paranoia (no, really) but my girlfriends brother was looking at pictures of LEGO on the internet the other day, and one of the links was to LUGNET.. she said "Oh, that's where Richard plays", so they followed the (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The wife problem

(...) ROFL! Even I hadn't thought of that one. Joking aside I think I get any easy ride now, now that I've convinced her that it is largely self-sufficient. It wasn't always like that though with the big hauls in the early days. What would we do (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The wife problem

(...) I like the Phony Office-Gift-Exchange trick (although it only works once a year, but every brick counts). Tell her you have to buy a $15 gift for [insert phony name here] at the office for a Secret-Santa kind of deal. Wrap it, take it to work, (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The wife problem

Ian Bishop <ian@goodlife.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:JEjHttAuJWV4Eww...n.co.uk... (...) In December the best one is to pretend that the large bag of next year's sets you are bringing in from the car might have her christmas present in, so (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The wife problem

(...) Honesty is the best policy. Tell her about all the sets you bought The ridiculus prices you paid at auctions Try to get her to share your obsession with bricks Always make sure she sees you reading the catalogues and instructions night and day (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The wife problem

(...) Although if you give her that impression of men, you might not be able to think the same thing about her.. Richard (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The wife problem

(...) think (...) So you mean my wife's beanie baby collecting might just be a front? regards lawrence only joking as ever (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The wife problem

(...) Huh! I ordered the Blue Turbo (for the wife for Christmas) and the big adventurers set from Toy City (and got the latest Harry Potter FoC!) when it looked like I would be at home to handle the delivery... And then my schedule changed... I came (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)