 Local / United Kingdom / 1534
Re: So explain to me why Lego UK dont do trains!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:02:59 GMT

David Graham wrote:
I display my trains at model railway exhibitions and
the most common comment from parents is "I didn't
know that LEGO did trains".

Where are you located I'd like to do LEGO Train exhibitions - maybe we
should form an LTC!

Scotland, but I am probably doing an exhibition at the NEC Birmingham
in Nov 2000.

One good sign was that I saw 4561 Blue Turbo on sale in
John Lewis - they haven't sold trains for several years.
The price was £109 so I told them about Beaties mail
order at £99.99 so they should reduce it.  I haven't
seen 4561 in Toys R Us or any other shop in the UK.

It's still a lot of money for a train.
One reason why trains don't sell well, they are too expensive.
Children cann't aford them only adults!

By the way, I bought 4562 for £83 in Amsterdam, at that
price maybe more people would buy it.

4562?  What's that? • Sorry, 4561!

We need to keep on asking LEGO about trains, keep on
writing to them.

Who do we write to?
Customer Services, LEGO UK, Ruthin Road, etc. see catalogue

David