 Local / United Kingdom / 1480
Re: So explain to me why Lego UK dont do trains!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 08:10:42 GMT

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Lawrence Wilkes (<FJnFow.24C@lugnet.com>) wrote at
14:46:08
Having sold trains for so long in the UK why did someone last year make a
decision to not do so this year?

Actually, they haven't sold the full range in this country for years.
Have you ever seen a 2126 or 2150 in a shop? (Other than Busy Bee, of
course :-) and 3225 is a 1998 set. Seen that?

Will they come back next year?

I hope so. As TLG will be running most of Europe from London, we should
at least have access to the full catalogue

Dont we buy enough?

Probably not. Remember, TLG is probably interested in shifting tens of
thousands of units. The fact that people can still pick up ten year old
sets in shops around the country indicates that demand is not voracious.

(as you can see I am annoyed by this!!!!)

So am I :-)

No doubt there are other sets in other themes that are not available here.
Perhaps vice versa too.

Currently, the UK gets about 80% of the European range, apparently.

--
Tony Priestman