 Local / United Kingdom / 1487
Re: So explain to me why Lego UK dont do trains!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 00:01:01 GMT

Hi Lawrence

While I sympathise with your sentiments, it's not true that
Lego are somehow pulling out of trains in the UK, as you
imply. For a very long time, the train selection in the UK has
been more modest than across the Channel - I'd guess that's
because of the higher use of real trains in other European
countries compared to the UK.

For several years we have had one train - the 4559 Cargo
Railway. That has been replaced this year by the new passenger
train. We've lost the level crossing, though gained the cross-track
set. The new train is in the shops - I've already bought one
from a toy shop in Blackburn, and
I've seen it in several other shops. It's only just come out - which may
be why you haven't yet seen it in shops.

Frustrating I know that we don't have more - but then we
do have Busy Bee, which is almost as good!

Great to have you in the loc.uk group btw - it's always nice to
see a new Lego fan start contributing.

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com

In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:

Busy Bee, if you read this, what reason do Lego's give?

I think Busy Bee either stock it, or have plans to.
Yes I got that impression too.
But why no trains in the UK catalogue, why none in usual shops?

Why have Lego taken what is clearly a conscious decision NOT to allow us
access to the full train range?
There has to be someone in Lego who said "lets not sell trains in the UK, • but
sell them in USA, Germany, Holland, Austria....etc".
So why?
Having sold trains for so long in the UK why did someone last year make a
decision to not do so this year?
Will they come back next year?

Are we not worthy?
Dont we buy enough?

(as you can see I am annoyed by this!!!!)

No doubt there are other sets in other themes that are not available here.
Perhaps vice versa too.

regards
lawrence