 Local / United Kingdom / 1474
Re: So explain to me why Lego UK dont do trains!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 16:03:11 GMT

Actually, looking at www.lego.com its hard to determine what lego train should
be available in the UK.
Though the printed catalogue only has the 4561 express and rails, on
the "european" web site there is the whole range of trains.

I asked lego some time back why there was not a UK flag on this site, as there
was for the other European countries (well most of them) and their reply was
that the European site WAS the UK site and that the flags led to the language
specific sites of the respective countries. The following is from actual reply
from lego I have in an email

"Some LEGO subsidaries, like the one in France, do, but the UK subsidary does
not, so just go to www.lego.com/catalog, and clcik on Europe for a brochure.
The brochure here is actually the UK brochure, and the brochure located in the
Americas scetion is actually the American catalouge."

This implies all the train should be available in the UK. If not, why are they
on the web site?
Interestingly if you look at the German web site, then less train is available
there than in the "european" site, they have NO rails for example! Holland
seems to be the only place where the majority of train in the European web
site is on offer.

regards
lawrence