 Local / United Kingdom / 1485
Re: So explain to me why Lego UK dont do trains!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 19:53:28 GMT

I was in Amsterdam on holiday (partly to buy the
'99 train range) and noted the difference between the
UK and the Netherlands.

It is not just LEGO trains that are not just popular
there, all toys and trains are.

Trains and LEGO are all declining in importance in the
UK - maybe there is more pride in the railways abroad.

LEGO UK don't sell enough trains in this country, the
whole range used to be readily available but not enough
people must have baught them, we will be lucky if there
are any trains in next years UK catalogue.

I display my trains at model railway exhibitions and
the most common comment from parents is "I didn't
know that LEGO did trains".

One good sign was that I saw 4561 Blue Turbo on sale in
John Lewis - they haven't sold trains for several years.
The price was £109 so I told them about Beaties mail
order at £99.99 so they should reduce it.  I haven't
seen 4561 in Toys R Us or any other shop in the UK.

By the way, I bought 4562 for £83 in Amsterdam, at that
price maybe more people would buy it.

We need to keep on asking LEGO about trains, keep on
writing to them.