 Local / Australia / 6839
Re: Paradisa BBQWars (Was Re: Burly Bionimals et al)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 04:05:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
I'm looking forward to Paradisa BBQWars. I wanna see mean minifigettes
wielding pizzas and frypans of cheese at 20 paces.

What sort of cuisine is this, pizzas in frypans, processed cheese squares on
hotplates, sounds like something from the Lang Hancock Cookbook.

I thought you claimed not to appreciate Brickwars? ;-)

Brickwars is a mere game for boys with toys. In constrast, Paradisa BBQWars
would be a serious redress of a fundamental social inequity and an
significant act of affirmative feminism. There is a long and venerable
tradition of women engaging in pizza-equipped warfare, but those dead white
males who wrote our history books chose not to record it! I think I will
apply for a research grant to travel to traditional centres of pizza-making
to study the phenomena at close range. I'm sure there's a PhD thesis in
there somewhere ... or failing that, some very good pizzas.

Boys with toys ? What about my Brittany Spears Dove Bomber Squadron, ramming
their bomb-laden planes into any enemy aircraft, thus attempting to shorten
the interstate battle on the "QUEEN'S birthday" long weekend.
(Note: Dove Bomber is a Dive Bomber that has Dove)

At Sydney 9 there were women in the thick of the action, after a head wound and
a magic spell-produced Rock Raiders Bouffant, Maid Marion had the biggest head
on the battlefield, resembling a female member of the group "the B52s".

In preparation for Sydney X (TownWars), the Brittany Spears have been honing
up their French skills, the basics of which they learnt in finishing school.
Refurbishment of Pete's Urea Pizzeria is underway, the new owners
Joan of (Pink) Arch and Joan of (White) Arch, are looking to market their
French-style pizzas, where all toppings are recycled, especially the French
Onion pizza, where the onions French farmers blockade roadways with, are
scraped up and placed on pizzas. Tyre dust is much better in your stomachs,
rather than your lungs.

pete.w (The French resist ants)