 Local / Australia / 6838
Re: LEGO for this year [and a little info about next year]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 02:46:26 GMT

No-one knows whether or not any new UCS sets are being released in the near
future?

"Benjamin Whytcross" <b_whytcross@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I was in TRU in the city today, and who should be there but their friendly
LEGO rep who gave me some information about what LA have been up to :)

The first thing I enquired about was the catalogues (naturally) and I was
told that they should be released in September...but not more than 4 weeks
before the movie is released. Now, as the movie is scheduled for November
release, this could pose a minor problem...or maybe my maths is a little • out
:) She was rather surprised when I mentioned that the German catalogue had
been released and that the pictures of the H-P sets were already on-line.

For those who are interested, Jack Stone and the large dinosaurs are
scheduled for release anytime...Large dinosaurs will be $12 - $13
approximately. Baby dinosaurs aren't likely to hatch over here though :(

Apparently, Adventurers are officially dead [Looks like I'll have to step • up
the recruiting] as is Town, with Jack Stone taking it's place...though I'm
not sure which is worse: town Jr or Jack Stone.

I also mentioned about the soccer sets and she said that they weren't
originally planned for Aus, but when LA finally worked out that they don't
know best, they decided to go for quantity of sets rather than price
margin...which seems to have worked extremely well for them. ALSO, the rep
said something about a larger field and more accessories for next year
[here's hoping]

Another thing on the radar for next year is a new castle, and the one • thing
everyone expects: more Star wars sets.

Unfortunately, with a short lunch time, that was about all I had time to • get
(She was putting up PRIMO re-releases when I got there, and I asked if the
Lady-bug/telephone rattle was due for re-release ;) Turns out she never • knew
it had even been recalled.)

Oh yes, and they had the Jurasic Park 3 movie-maker sets on the shelf, • too.

Benjamin Whytcross

---