 Local / Australia / 6834
Re: LEGO for this year [and a little info about next year]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 04:42:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Thanks for the info, Ben.
Apparently, Adventurers are officially dead [Looks like I'll have to step up
the recruiting] as is Town,
A minute's silence, please.

with Jack Stone taking it's place...though I'm
not sure which is worse: town Jr or Jack Stone.
I think another minute's silence is in order. ;-)

I also mentioned about the soccer sets and she said that they weren't
originally planned for Aus, but when LA finally worked out that they don't
know best, they decided to go for quantity of sets rather than price
margin...which seems to have worked extremely well for them. ALSO, the rep
said something about a larger field
It makes me wonder how many fields LEGO think we'll buy... hmmm

and more accessories for next year
Cool!

Another thing on the radar for next year is a new castle,
I thought there was a rumour about no more castle until HP was completed? A
new castle would be good though.

and the one thing everyone expects: more Star wars sets.
Ep2 "Attack of the Clones" only?
I guess we'll get to see the first truly Australian minifigs (Claudia Karvan
would be good, but we'll probably only get Jack Thompson!!)

Unfortunately, with a short lunch time, that was about all I had time to get
(She was putting up PRIMO re-releases when I got there, and I asked if the
Lady-bug/telephone rattle was due for re-release ;) Turns out she never knew
it had even been recalled.)
I don't think LEGO likes to talk about it very much. I amaze visitors from
time to time by showing them 'the world's most dangerous piece of LEGO'.

Oh yes, and they had the Jurasic Park 3 movie-maker sets on the shelf, too.
Were the prices way over the top?

Cheers

Richie Dulin
Patrician of Brick-Morpork