 Local / Australia / 6810
Re: Burly Bionimals, Blue Boats and Big Bad Boulder-throwers (Sydney 9)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 05:05:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
There will be more said about the Legowars I'm sure.

(It's probably worth noting that we had to remove the bodies from the field
at one point, just to provide space for the battle to continue).

After the Dark Shogun's crushing failure against Montgoonery in Bricktoria,
I lead the Brick-Morkian forces myself this time, but again failed (and died
three times).

Fortunately, I had taken the precaution of being cloned beforehand, and
Leonard and one artillerist escaped the carnage and were able to activate
the clone.

I think I proved a number of things:
- that a larger military force does not necessarily defeat a smaller
military force
- that air superiority does not guarantee victory
- that experimental weapons (eg gatling cannons) are best kept in the lab
- that you should always provide for the reloading of weapons
- that no matter how nice Spanish Dragoons on Andalusian dancing stallions
look, they're not much use in a cavalry charge against chromed knights

and on the positive side:
- Rock raiders boulders make very nice catapult ammunition
- LASER (1) cannons are not out of place on a medieval battlefield

On the (pseudo)orgainsational front, the next meeting will feature Town/City
Legobrickwars (bring your police, your firemen, your irate postal
workers...)

It might be time to give the Brick-Morkian State Emergency Service an outing.

and will be held on or around October the 7th (put it in your
diaires). The location is yet to be determined, anyone with a bright idea,
please speak up.

I may be able to secure a church hall at Merrylands, but it would have to be
on a Saturday... I'll have to check. Would this location/day be suitable?

Cheers

Richie Dulin
Patrician of Brick-Morpork

1. Lantern Amplified by Specially Enhanced Refraction.