 Local / Australia / 1739
Re: Formal Lugnet memberships from Aus...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:52:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:

Cash in the post is risky, an idea I was uncomfortable with even before
a case just this last week where a worker in my local postoffice was
charged and found guilty of stealing money and other things out of the
mail.

I seem to recall learning a long long time ago that in Australia cash in the
post is actually illegal.  Now I remember this from so long ago that maybe
what it really means is that its so silly that I interpreted it as illegal at
the time.....

This whole cash in the post thing was raging in the US posts recently.
People were saying illegal/legal etc. Someone posted a link to the US
Postal site, that verified it is legal. Anyway with legalities of this
nature, it's the sort of thing to do rather quietly and well-concealed
and don't discuss it with anyone. It is risky and untraceable though.

pete.w