 Local / Australia / 1694
Re: Formal Lugnet memberships from Aus...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:31:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:

Get a US$ money order(Western Union) from the local Post Office.
I get charged $8 AUD plus like Richard said the exchange rate will probably
favour them, but that's how they make money.
$10 US is not much at all for using Lugnet, if you ask me (I sent more).
What someone should do is organise all those who haven't joined and get them
all to pay a nominated person (Deidre, BenW ?) and throw in some extra for
their share of the US$ money order, this way only one money order needs to go.

I would be happy to do it, but maybe someone who hasn't joined can be the
organiser, if the former, let mw know.

Does Todd look after Lugnet in his spare time?(WOW!) This is by far the best
forum I've ever seen. I wish i could model a few things that would be handy
for my work based on something like Lugnet.

I haven't signed up yet, but will do soon, and I guess if anyone else wants to
chip in with me then thats fine. We'll just split the cost of the money order,
and each person just nominates how much they want to donate.

Perhaps we can make it out as a donation from LegOz? [1]

Santosh

[1] of course those LegOz members who've already contributed this year can
skip this.