 Local / Australia / 1706
Re: Formal Lugnet memberships from Aus...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 01:05:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
Good on you Santosh,
All those non-financial posters and lurkers tee up some membership fees with
Santosh.

Thanks for volunteering Santosh!  I'll definitely be joining but I'll
do my money order separately, it'll cost me ~$5 for a local MO or bank
cheque for Santosh so I may as well go straight for the US one myself.
I haven't decided how much I'll donate but I think Lugnet is definitely
more valuable than US$10.  Everyone else who hasn't already, strongly
consider joining up with Santosh, Todd does an excellent job (how does
he eat?).

I'm not writing this to stop you going on your own, but the answers to the
following may be helpful for the future.

Is there a way you could transfer the money to me without making out a money
order yourself (thats one of the benefits of keeping things within Aus).
options include: cash in the post, direct transfer into bank accounts, what
else can be used?

You can supply them with an account name and number, but that brings in
security aspects (eg. Nigerian money laundering schemes), so I guess you
have to trust to whom you supply these things.

The idea of getting just the one money order in US dollars, was to reduce the
number of money orders we need to make (right?). If you got your money to me
in a way where you didn't need to convert/reconvert it it'd make it easier for
you.

But like i said don't let me stop you going solo.

Do you reckon I should setup a seperate account just for Lego and LegOz???
(pie in the sky idea).

It's probably worth considering, but for the amounts we are talking about,
maybe just an informal kitty that the 'treasurer' maintains, because banks
will be sucking on the account with account-keeping fees.
The ideal situation for NSW and VIC people at least is to hand over cash to
a designated person at a LegOz.

With trading happening, maybe out of NSW/VIC people can factor these things
into their trading.

pete.w (financial non-wizard)