 Local / Australia / 1707
Re: Formal Lugnet memberships from Aus...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 01:08:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
Is there a way you could transfer the money to me without making out a money
order yourself (thats one of the benefits of keeping things within Aus).
options include: cash in the post, direct transfer into bank accounts, what
else can be used?

Cash in the post is risky, an idea I was uncomfortable with even before
a case just this last week where a worker in my local postoffice was
charged and found guilty of stealing money and other things out of the
mail.  Are you comfortable giving your bank a/c number out to strangers?
Can't think of any other way, can anyone else?  Of course for anyone
who holds a personal cheque book this wouldn't be a problem.

Do you reckon I should setup a seperate account just for Lego and LegOz???
(pie in the sky idea).

This sounds like a good idea in the longterm but if it's not kept on
an informal basis (i.e. in someone's personal name) then there may be
legal type complexities i.e. registering the LegOz group somehow.  I'm
not sure what this involves, I just know from experience with Playgroup
and School P&F bank accounts the organisation had to be registered.  I
can try and find out or someone else here might know more.

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com