 Local / Australia / 1690
Re: Formal Lugnet memberships from Aus...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 06:15:48 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:

How did you go about paying?

I sent him a USD money order.  You get these from your local post office.
From memory they cost about $6.  The exchange rate they use to convert the USD
is a bit bizarre - sometimes I have done better than market, more often than
not they sting you.

Was it a hassle?

Not really, doesn't take long, and there's not much paper to fill out

Is there an easier, cheaper way?

Dunno.

What amount did you end up sending (unless you want to keep that bit private).

You can pay pretty much whatever you like.  I guessed a number based on what
I'd happily and easily pay to subscribe to lugnet if I had to.  I might pay
more if I had to, but then I'd have to think about it, and maybe I wouldn't
pay any more :-)

For me, I pay USD25 twice a year.
(If Todd hasn't seen my second instalment yet, he will soon)

It seems to me Lugnet's a clever thingie, and it probably costs a packet to
run. If we all kick in a quid, we still won't be covering its costs, but at
least Todd won't be footing the entire bill.

Regards

Richard
Still baldly going...