 Local / Australia / 1591
Re: SO WHAT LOGO AM I DESIGNING????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 02:08:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
Do we need to worry about a national name at all?
Until there's a need for a national body, why bother with it.

Lots of reasons,
Some states at the moment are struggling to get enough for their own meetings.
So a national group gives everyone something to belong to.

Yup, Tassie is a case in point.  The non-existent Taslug (Huggers, whatever:)
has a potential membership of 2-3 people and it seems rather pointless
to make the effort at the moment.  I can play with my Lego with me
anytime I please, of the remaining 2 AFOLs that I know of, one is a longtime
good friend and I get to drool over his Technic on a semi-regular basis
anyway, formalising it would be silly.

I do, however, wish to be associated with a national group.  Sure, attending
any meetings is a geographical impossibility (at least in the short-term)
but I can be there in spirit :)  On that note, if someone is considering
the possibilities of a big national meet at some point in the distant future
I'd make an effort to get there, so long as I had enough time to save up
and day-to-day family reality doesn't get in the way :)

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com