 Local / Australia / 1585
Re: SO WHAT LOGO AM I DESIGNING????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 01:44:25 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
Do we need to worry about a national name at all?
Until there's a need for a national body, why bother with it.

Lots of reasons,
Some states at the moment are struggling to get enough for their own • meetings.
So a national group gives everyone something to belong to.
Trade - we can have people trading Australia-wide rather than just the one or
two who do it at meetings.
Set availability - another trade aspect.
Favourite themes - STUDS members interests are spread over a range of themes,
a national group gives people access to other people with the same specific
interests, eg.Technic, Trains ,Castle.
A good reason to have a national Lego-fest/convention.

Thats a good reason Peter, I guess I hadn't thought of that. I was just
running along the lines that everyone would might participate in their local
group activities until there was a "national" event, but the points you make
are ones i didn't think of. We do need to identify oursleves nationally.

We have to build up to that monster train layout that will rival the US clubs
We need more trainheads !!

What have Lego Australia ever done for us?

So, why write them a letter ? • [1]

Ok so besides the lack of lego, the dodgy flyers, the lame shows, the
insignificant sales, the unlearned reps, the pointless phone conversations,
the overpricing, the lack of spares and isolation from the rest of the • world,
what has Lego Australia ever done for us?

Lego Australia has nothing to do with whether we have an Australian group or
not.

Ahh, was my sarcastic tone a bit to harsh?

We need our group statewide and nationwide as big as we can get them.
That way everyone wins (pricewise) and we get ALL sets available here.
We need more public shows to attract more members and interest.
Unfortunately we will lose a big asset (Pete.C) soon, but that will be loc.uks
gain.

I was quoting the scene from Life of Brian, when the Judena Peoples Front want
to get rid of the Romans from their city. The question is asked "what have the
Romans ever done for us?"

Yep it's one of my favourite movies,my NLSO and I went to it on our first date
Crucifixion ?

To which the end conclcusion ran something like "apart from the aqueduct,the
sanitation, the roads, health, education, law...what have the Romans ever done
for us?"

LA are in my good books at the moment for their treatment of the soccer sets.
I just hope they come down heav on those stores that haven't reduced the • price.

These profiteers need the big stick taken to them, as they're skimming off
LA as well as the public. Each and every store should be named publicly.

[1] Still have not drafted up a letter, have only one more week of work to go
then I can devote time to it. Also I might wait till a logo's ready too :)

A couple of more shows under our belt and I'll be expecting some support from
you know who, surely we all have the same goal in the end. Lots of sales.

pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au>