 Local / Australia / 14439
Re: TANKS, TRAINS and General Feedback
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2008 07:23:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Parsons wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Timothy Gould wrote:
--snip--

Well I finally summoned up the energy to insert my own punctuation and read this
post in its entirety and caught this comment.

As was clearly stated in the original post and in the picture on that post that
the tank (singular) was by the BLTBC which was me, Al and Mike. And since you
obviously missed this other important point - it was also never intended to be a
realistic depiction of a genuine tanks so much as a joining of our three styles
in a single model so your response made you look a bit silly, even aside from
the stupid comment that "Lego was not made to make tanks".

Tim

Thanks Tim
I really needed that now after I thought it was all said and done.

This is just some advice which you can choose to take or not take as you wish,
just don't go complaining. Perhaps you should have considered apologising rather
than blatantly not apologising. Just because you declare something to be over
without so much as a vague 'sorry' doesn't mean other people do.

Gary tells me you would like to come up to Ipswich one day and have a look at
the layout? You could also see the 2800's and EMU on permanent display while you
are there.

I'll definitely try to make it someday.

After all the photo's of the real thing I sent you when you where in the UK, did
you ever get to actually make any if those Australian and Queensland
rollingstock? That does not count drawing them in CAD.

I realise that you've never quite understood how MOCing works but I can tell you
that the 'drawing in CAD' part is the hard part and the putting them on a track
and driving them around is easier (with the exception of steam trains where both
are difficult). Fortunately I now have track so I can do both when I so desire.

But to answer your rudely framed question: I've got a Kuranda Scenic rail 1700
built (1720 I think) and a Ghan loco somewhere. NR7X will get re-engineered soon
to look more realistic. I'm also in the process of making a rake for the Kuranda
loco.

Cheers Mate
Thanks for drawing up and sending me the plans to build all the Queensland Rail
ones that every one else seems to think I "Coppied" funny statement that??

I've never said you copied them so don't complain to me. Your obvious desire for
credit for the redone version of my 2800 was laughable and stopped me bothering
to explain that I'd designed the first lot with your input. I can tell you that
any of my future work on QR stock will not involve you because of that poor
behaviour.

Peter

Tim