 Local / Australia / 14416
Re: TANKS, TRAINS and General Feedback
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2008 11:09:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, David Stannard wrote:
Peter thankyou for finally replying 8 days later,>

Dave
The 8 days was taken by the moderator to can my message well so be it.
I read Gary's mail as well and he is right I write what I want to say I don't
speak for the old BLTG or the new club. Even though I formed the first club back
in 2000 and arranged with AMRA to exhibit the first Lego trains now some 8 years
have gone under the bridge. What Gary forgot to add is that as BLTG we just
didn't sit around and do 1 show a year when we finished (and that might not be
the right term) we where doing 4 trail layout running shows and 4 static Lego
displays in a year a very big demand on all members.
History also reminds me that when SLTC decided to form I got an email from them
after advice on legs and what form of layout to use so I gave them all the
encouragement I could and even said well done after their first show.
So this is not a match between EX BLTG and SLTC it has turned ugly after a
comment to Tim about his tanks and everyone just jumped at it.

Well sometimes forums get like that and it sometimes helps get things going but
it will stop now.
But I will add to show that I am very proud of the service I did for my country
(even though it was in peace (we can't just make a war when we want one) I
served with distinction from 1974 until 1994 as a driver of M113 APC's and for
14 years as an Armourer (weapons tech) in an infantry battalion
I have 3 awards that I wear with great pride RFM, ASM and Army Exemplary Service
Medallion which is the same as a Chief of Defense Force Commendation for service
to the Australian Army for my role in weapons repair.
So 20 years no wars some warning orders and waiting but overall we kept it ready
for the guys of today.

Gary has said what needs to be said I was president long enough and now he runs
the group I just play trains in the background now.
I do build QR trains when I can and they where Tim's design but I actually think
( but Tim should be consulted) he built all of them in CAD and never actually
built them in real and ran them I did that for him and passed any feedback back
to him. I will take some photo's of the ones we built for Ipswich Museum and
they run them every day and they have not failed for over 2 years yet I will add
them on Saturday and post later.

I have had to travel down to the QR Board Room twice during work hours as I have
had a call from the Chairman's Secretary that the chairman was playing with the
trains on the coffee table and he broke them could I come down and fix them??
All of 5 minutes work but at least they know where to get more when they want
them.

I hope this puts out the fire it is not an apology as I don't consider I need
to give one as views are free and should be debated that way.
Tim did ask in his first post for "comments" or "Critics".

Cheers to all
Peter EX BLTG Founder and President