 Local / Australia / 14418
Re: TANKS, TRAINS and General Feedback
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2008 01:55:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Parsons wrote:

So this is not a match between EX BLTG and SLTC it has turned ugly after a
comment to Tim about his tanks and everyone just jumped at it.

You're obviously not very familiar with how the internet works, so let me help
you out a bit. People post, and other people respond. When people post in a rude
and obnoxious fashion, like you regularly do, people will tend to respond in
kind. If you think that's 'everyone jumping on it', or that perhaps they
shouldn't have, you're either hopelessly naive, or just a troller. I suspect the
latter.

Note that I'm not saying you shouldn't post that way. By all means keep it up.
It's all pretty hilarious, just don't be surprised when people have a go back at
you, or just mock you.

Well sometimes forums get like that and it sometimes helps get things going but
it will stop now.

Just because you say so? LOL. Maybe you are just naive after all.

I hope this puts out the fire it is not an apology as I don't consider I need
to give one as views are free and should be debated that way.
Tim did ask in his first post for "comments" or "Critics".

The "fugly" comment was a statement of opinion, and fair enough, I suppose. It's
really not very useful as a critique, but you're entitled to your opinion, as
crassly stated as it was.

But to then follow it up with absurd suggestions that it's "not what lego was
made for", or that we shouldn't have even bothered building it was a bit
unecessary, and frankly just plain rude. Did you seeriously think that we'd
accept that sort of 'advice' in any measure at all? Again, I'm not saying you
shouldn't have said it, but again, don't be surprised when people 'jump on it'.

Have a nice day

Allister
Founding member BLTBC