 Local / Australia / 13278
Re: Brisbane Another Train Show Year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 11:48:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Parsons wrote:
Hi all

Well Tuesday night here and the end of another year at the train show for us.
What a weekend!!
they just seem to get better each year (that is what the public tell us )
Hopefully Aaron will upload some pictures soon as I am hopeless at it.
The organisers say around 100.000 people for the 3 days and I would have to
agree. I atually reckon that we had more adults interested this year than
children.We got some brief television coverage on Saturday night on the Nine
News about 5 seonds but good shot anyway.

We had top billing

I believe that after 4 years this was our best display of them all very
colorfull and all 3 viewing sides had great displays (it is not just about
trains).

Many people said the have come every year and seen our display and this one was
the best.

Thanks to the BRISLUG members who dropped in and said Hi and gave us the
support.

Anita, one minute you were there and then you disappeared. You should of gone
over the fence and said hello, we would of even given you the personal guided
tour!

Thanks also to Rod from Sydney who comes up every year to look at our display
great to have you on board.

See you next year Rod, we'll have some more goodies for you. Maybe we'll see you
at the Gold Coast.

Now I would like to thank all the team for a sterling effort again in preparing
and being there you all know without you it won't happen.
So in no order thanks, Gary, Ken, Aaron, Mark, and the 2 junior members Callum
and Ben.

Aaron please post some pics for me.

I second that

Until next time
Peter

Thanks Peter, a great effort by all invloved. It is good to see the public are
so into Lego Trains, If lego Australia could only take note. It was also good to
talk to the traditional Model Railway enthusiasts and hear them say that the our
Lego Train display has a permananent place in their Model Railway Exhibition. We
have even been approached by another organiser and they want us in their next
exhibition, which is on the 17-18 September at the Gold Coast, The Gold Coast
Model Railway Exhibition. If all goes well we might even be paid for this one,
what a bonus! For love and money!!

Once again, thanks to all invloved, we didn't have as many this year but those
we did have can be proud. A truly fine effort.

Until next time indeed
Gary