 Local / Australia / 1044
Re: STUDS 3 wheeee!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 11:43:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
I've just got back from the third Sydney get together and wheee... There were
three more people than last time and at this rate we should have a dozen by
the next one!

We had a train layout that went around the house (Pete W's) and a huge battle
in the other room between Pete C and Dave Low on one side and Richard and
myself on the other, much carnage!

Heaps good fun and we'll do it again I'm sure. There are pictures coming as
soon as Pete C coaxes his new digital camera into giving them up. But for now,
I've got to get building for the next one.

James (who watched his proud troops get slaughtered...:( )

Indead these events just get better and better (if that is at all possible).
Fantastic to see the new faces and creations (and to finally touch those
supercars!!!).

Kevin's castle was indeed stupendous. Like... wow!

I think the highlight would have to be James Howse's creative alternate
deployment tactic for the Saucy Sal (both on the way up and on the way down).
I don't think we could have arranged it better if we'd have dismantled her
into her component parts and scattered them manually. Well done James!!

Unfortunately we've had a minor snag with the digital camera. My lovely new
toy did not come with it's lovely new installation software, and the fault
lies entirely on the shop assistant (who somehow substitute the demonstration
CD instead. Informative, but fundamentally useless). So whilst the pictures
are all in the camera, the camera bluntly refuses to talk to my PC. A
situation which I hope to rectify in thhe next few days, but unfortunately my
aim to have the pics downloaded then uploaded tonight have been thwarted.
Bugger! I've scanned through them all on the LCD screen again and they look
great, but you'll have to take my word on that for the moment.

Pete Callaway (who would've turned Richard's piratical dudes ears blue with
the language which followed the discovery of the missing installation CD)