 Local / Australia / 1045
Re: Any idea when next catalog supposed to be out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 11:59:53 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Jamie Obrien writes:
Hi, the local shops don't seem to have any idea what's going on,
anybody have any info?

Is Lego Oz being run by the same guy from Telstra, Ziggy!, cause they
are doing a pretty good job of running it down. 2 Local big stores are
fed up som much that they'd drop it if they were allowed to!!!

I don't think we got cat part 1 until March, so surely it will not be until
the new fin. year at least. In Sydney, certain Toyworlds have had the small
adventurer dino sets and the SW AAT & MTT sets already in May and these are
not in the part 1 cat !
We have a show next week at the Penrith W4K, I'll ask the manager to ask the
Lego rep.

Well,

According to LA earlier this year, it's due out July/early August. However,
with LA's care for customers, knowlege of shipping times, etc, I personally
wouldn't expect to see it before mid september

Also, if you have a look at the following:

http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=154

you'll see that these sets were due for release in May...Good to see they can
occasionally get things right.

I'd also like to finish with a warning [especially to Melbournites]...K-Mart
at Airport west have the 2000.1 catalogue with special stickers attatched,
which read 50c...That's right, they're trying to get people to pay 50 cents
for something that is provided free to them and that they are expected by LA
to provide free to customers...You might want to keep an eye out for this sort
of profiteering. [Also, Toy kingdom at Greensborough have about 3 sets, and
all overpriced...I can't remember the set numbers, though.]

Benjamin Whytcross

bwhytcro@pacificaccess.com.au