 LEGOLAND / Billund / 22
Re: Going to Billund
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.legoland.billund
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 06:54:56 GMT

Mark:

Also, it is not clear if you are driving or on the train.
The trains were quite frequent between Arhus and Cobenhavn
via Odense. Lingtog (Lighting train) or others, probably
newer ones by now, are FAST.

The Danish trains aren't that fast - you'll never get to go
faster than 180 km/h - but you can get from Billund to
Copenhagen in three hours (you need to take a bus to Vejle
and catch a train there).

Shopping in Copenhavn is great on and off the Strogt. But •                                             Strøget
not cheap in general. Try Dahl's Varhus (I call it the
green store from thier old signage) It is cheaper, a block
off Strogt.

Apparently it was too cheap - they have closed.

The subway and buses in Cobenhavn are great. You can also
walk from the train station to the little mermaid
(overrated)

Agreed!

all the way across town in about a
half an hour. You can also rent bikes. Its very flat.

Downtown - but _only_ downtown - you can simply pick up a
"City Bike" for 20 kroner (and you get your money back when
you park it again).

I would also recommend the palace tour in Cobenhavn, and the one that goes
underneath it.

That's the parliament building. Definitely worth a tour. I
might want to come along.

Play well,

Jacob

--  E-mail:               sparre@cats.nbi.dk              --