 Local / Danmark / 145
Re: Going to Billund
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.dk
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 16:22:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.dk, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Mark:

The Danish trains aren't that fast - you'll never get to go
faster than 180 km/h - but you can get from Billund to
Copenhagen in three hours (you need to take a bus to Vejle
and catch a train there).

  I got a plane from Billund to Copenhagen, 40 minutes only.

Shopping in Copenhavn is great on and off the Strogt. But •                                            Strøget
not cheap in general. Try Dahl's Varhus (I call it the
green store from thier old signage) It is cheaper, a block
off Strogt.

Apparently it was too cheap - they have closed.

  I don't have any space left on my suitcases, a friend took me to the
employee's shop in Billund. There was stuff like the Technic Space Shuttle for
350 DKK ! :)

The subway and buses in Cobenhavn are great. You can also
walk from the train station to the little mermaid
(overrated)

Agreed!

  I hope you agree on the overrated part of his comment, I went to the little
mermaid today and my feet hurt.

I would also recommend the palace tour in Cobenhavn, and the one that goes
underneath it.

That's the parliament building. Definitely worth a tour. I
might want to come along.

  I still haven't been there, do you want to go there tomorrow ? I'd really
like to talk to you about life in Denmark. Everything went fine in the
interview in Billund, I got the job but I don't know if I'll get used to
things here.

Leonardo