 LEGOLAND / Billund / 18
Re: Going to Billund
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.legoland.billund
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 12:50:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.dk, Leonardo Zide writes:
Hi,

I'll be visiting Billund in Monday and Tuesday of the next week (4 and
5 of September), maybe I'll get there one day earlier, after that I'll
go to Copenhagen. Does anyone have any advice about what to do in
Denmark or some Lego-shopping addresses ? Also, how's the weather this
time of the year (I'm expecting something like 20 degrees) ?

We were there the weekend of 19.-20. of August, and there was a great _sale_
there. I have not been in Legoland since I was 12, and do not know their policy
when it comes to these things, but the deals was like this:

50% of old and new sets in the regular shop - the oldest I found was 6419
(Paradisa Ranch from 1992). in addition they had sets like the 8462 Tow Truck,
the 8002 Star Wars Destroyer Droid, the 8444 Supercopter, several town and
basic-sets and so on. The interesting thing was that it was not the same sets
on Saturday and Sunday!

Fairly close to the entance they had a tent which was filled with "Treasures"
(their own words) - were one could buy Lego-sets ether:
1) by kilo, DKK 250,- a kilo
2) by discount found by dice, 10% for a 1 on the dice, 60% with a 6.
3) by running around picking up what you were able to carry, and pay 100 DKK a
second.
4) by auction - the sets they only had 1 or a couple left of

In the tent they had several interesting older sets, like 8480 Space Shuttle,
8448 Super Street Sensation, 8428 Turbo Command, 8277 Giant Model Set, 8446
Monster Crane Truck, lots of Star Wars, lots of Scala, Time Travellers, Basic,
Duplo and so on….

We should have been there for more days…

aj-ml
- broke after all
--
Anne Jorunn Midtkil